1. We believe the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, without any error, the all-sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine, and Christian living. (For more information on our view of the Bible, see the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy)
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ, and that He is fully God and fully man; We believe that He lived a sinless life; that He died on the cross for our sins, and that He rose bodily from the dead; We believe that He ascended into heaven where He now sits at the right hand of the Father as our Great High Priest and Advocate.
4. We believe in the personal, bodily, imminent, and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that His Second Coming inspires believers for dynamic and zealous life and service while waiting for His return.
5. We believe that humankind was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and became separated from Him. We believe it is only by the atoning death and subsequent resurrection of Jesus and through the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit that humankind can experience salvation and obtain eternal life.
6. We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, based entirely upon the person and work of Jesus Christ, apart from man's works, and is possessed by any and all who repent of their sins and place their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
7. We believe that there are two ordinances for the church. The first is baptism by immersion, which symbolizes a person’s union with Christ and identifies him/her as a Christian. The second is the Lord's Supper, which is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the church in obedience to Christ’s commands, and they serve as a motivation for believers to pursue holiness; however, they are not to be regarded as a necessary means for salvation.
8. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven, and the everlasting punishment and separation from God of the unsaved in hell.
9. We believe in a regenerated church membership: that is, only those persons who have made a public profession of their faith in Christ and been baptized by immersion shall be considered for membership in Emmanuel Baptist Church.
10. We believe in the autonomy of the local church. The church shall manage its own affairs and shall not be subject to any other religious body or organization.